Thursday, November 05, 2009

Is Google Earth Photoshopping Tibet?


Our friends at the Tibetan Plateau Blog ran a persuasive item that suggests Google Earth contains doctored photographs of certain locations in Tibet. Of course, we don't know what the real story might be, but if you like to speculate about such things, check it out.

By the way, if you know of a stupa that isn't "pinned" on Google Earth, please visit and pin it. My pal down in Australia tells me there is a way to map all the stupas in the world, which I think is a very worthwhile project.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 reader comments:

Fishy said...

I just pinned Vajra Ling Stupa in Rocky River, but I'm not sure how to share that location?
Do I have to post the .KMZ file somewhere?

Editor said...

You're asking me? You're the one who got me started on this, and I still haven't figured out what a .kmz file is or how to use it :-)

What are the GPS coordinates of that stupa? I'll look here and see what shows up.