Thursday, June 18, 2009

Zangdok Palri, U.S.A.



Zangdokpalri is rising again, on a 475-acre mountain property at Tehachapi, California, which is a very nice place with a very bright future. I want to thank one of our readers for bringing this project to my attention, and invite you to watch the video, above.

This is being done by Ari Bhod, the American Foundation for Tibetan Cultural Preservation, and represents the best that the Nyingma School has to offer. One of the unique things: they have a sort of Tibetan Temple Painting Camp, where you can come for a week (or longer), to learn and work, and they are not shy to accept children and teenagers.

I always liked Tehachapi. I am glad the Nyingmapa have planted the flag. I envision a time, in the future, when this area will actually become a center of learning, and scholarship.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 reader comments:

Anonymous said...

Tehachipi is a wonderful place, as one who was born and raised close by, I, too, pray that the dharma will flourish and bloom from this auspicious seed. Thank you for this, and the other, posts on your blog. So very grateful.