Thursday, June 25, 2009

Derge Parkhang Exhibition In Chicago

When I was 16 years old, I had such romanticized notions of going
to this place and working in this room that I cannot begin to tell you.

This coming September 11th, if you are in Chicago, or anywhere near, I strongly suggest you visit Columbia College Chicago's Center for Book and Paper, Arts 1104 S. Wabash, second floor, where they are hosting an exhibition celebrating the work of the Derge Parkhang -- Tibet's foremost printing house. You can get full details by visiting Artseenchicago (which I guess means "Art Seen Chicago," a play on "Art Scene Chicago," oh, what fun).

You know, I usually don't visit cities that don't proclaim a day in my honor, but I love this sort of thing so much, I just may fly over there, and when people ask me what I did, I could then say, "Tenpaseenchicago."

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 reader comments: