Tuesday, September 01, 2009

I Am Moving to Japan

BBC is reporting that "Rabbit Cafes" are springing up all over Japan. Rabbit Cafes are where people go to pet live rabbits and relax. You can see the video by clicking here.

As you may imagine, this report caused quite a stir at my house. The rabbits looked at me with disgust, and said, "You're so smart, why didn't you think of that?" Actually, I already did, but in America, when people think of going to a club to play with bunnies.... well, you get the idea.

All kidding aside, a rabbit can do a lot for you. They are incredibly intelligent, have highly individual personalities, and bond with you once you learn their ways. Did I ever mention that I like rabbits? I got my first rabbits in 1956, and when possible, have kept rabbits as pets ever since. They are dignified creatures, but with a sense of humor. I am told they are now the third most popular house pet, after dogs and cats.

I will teach you the best way to get acquainted with a rabbit. You sit in the rabbit's area, and give him no notice whatsoever. If he comes up to you, just pay him no mind. Don't say anything, and don't do anything. Very soon, he will feel comfortable enough to come up to you all the time, and will allow you to pet him, brush him, and so forth.

By the way... "Usagi" is Japanese for "rabbit," and the cafe is called the Usagito Cafe.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 reader comments:

Mama Mojo said...

Thanks for all of the posts and info on bunnies. Our two kids decided they're getting bunnies for the next birthday coming up soon. We're busy making a nice place for our future friends, and your posts have been useful and informative. I'm looking forward to spending time with two new furry friends in years to come....

mr frodo said...

i appreciate this post as well since we've taken care of bunnies over the years and currently have a beautiful, well-behaved bunny we call "Yaksha-Nosey" who loves mint and chamomile. we had three guinea pig friends that have all passed away one by one. they were all adopted from shelters or should i say more accurately adopted us.
thank you~