Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Hottest Ticket In Town

His Holiness the Dalai Lama will be bestowing the Amitabha Permission Initiation and the Medicine Buddha Initiation in Long Beach, California next month. The event is scheduled for September 25th and 26th, and is hosted by Geden Shoeling in Westminster, California. This is a predominantly Vietnamese center, and I hear from everyone that they have done a simply tremendous job organizing this important visit.

Unfortunately, as with all of the Dalai Lama's events, this one was sold out about an hour after it was announced. Unless you have seen His Holiness in Southern California in the past, you have no idea how he draws -- and I mean traffic-stopping draw. There are the crowds that come to the events, and then the infinitely larger crowds that come just to catch a glimpse of him.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 reader comments:

Unknown said...

So true. I got to see him last year :). My boss was very supportive of me going, which was fabulous. There were several Chinese demonstrators there, and handing out literature. I managed to collect a lot of the literature, made a few feeble attempts to speak with them, but not a lot of success.