Wednesday, December 02, 2009

eSangha Bites the Dust


The infamous E-Sangha portal to the sins of speech has apparently gone a bit too far. The  notorious "Buddhist" gossip site has been felled by technical means, and their enormous catalog of rumor and innuendo has been lost.

E-Sangha has long been controversial -- there are a number of teachers who absolutely refuse to let their students use the site -- and many feel that it does little more than promote division in the Sangha.

The alternative that E-Sangha recommends, buddhist-community.com, is being blocked for malware:


Sigh...

Guess people are just going to have to (ugh) practice, for a change.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 reader comments:

Anonymous said...

NEVER!

Editor said...

Oh, come on... practice isn't all that bad.

Pretty please?

Anonymous said...

dear tampon
If you won't answer my legitimate questions here and You blocked my Twitter, why don't you just comment on my blog and we can debate there?? Unless you're too scared to publicly defend your tenpa character.

Fuck you very much
not a fan

Anonymous said...

dear tampon
If you won't answer my legitimate questions here and You blocked my Twitter, why don't you just comment on my blog and we can debate there?? Unless you're too scared to publicly defend your tenpa character.

Fuck you very much
not a fan

Editor said...

Please try to understand that it is not a question of being reluctant; rather, it is just that you are quite obviously in some considerable distress, and I don't quite know how to help you.

Have you tried examining where your anger, hostility, and obsession actually reside? For example: is your life not going well? You feel yourself to be a non-person? You are angry at yourself about that?

If it makes you feel better to throw tantrums, make demands, call me names, and so forth, then go ahead... but, I seriously doubt it will be of any lasting value to you.

You need to keep it real. For example: your name is not John, and you do not live in Kansas. That is part of your sickness. You do not know me, and you have never met me, yet you are wasting all sorts of energy on someone you do not know and have never met -- this, in order to "prove" yourself to someone else. That, too, is part of your sickness. You have difficulty framing coherent sentences, because your thoughts are racing. That may have something to do with your medication, or lack thereof. Are you on or off your meds?

Please try to understand... your anxiety's demands are not my commands. Your mental health belongs to you, not to me.

I will include you in very special prayers. You will feel the result of them very, very directly, I assure you.

Fishy said...

Wow... this would be the perfect opportunity to launch the Buddhist community/social networking web site I have been building, BlogSangha.com
Unfortunately, it is not live yet, and is probably at least a month away from a public launch... d'oh...
Watch this space... BlogSangha.com

Editor said...

Be sure to have a special forum for death threats.